MosaicED Brain Teaser!
Harry high pants has been working in accounting firm for 30 years now. A hallowed accounting legend in the halls of the firm. In 30 years at the firm he has made no friends, people find him cold. He is incredibly organised, and can't stand mess, or even seeing mess. His need to get everything perfect and that can often stop him from finishing tasks on time, or even at all, people are still waiting for that 1987 better business report. He has been seen waiting for 5 minutes on an empty side walk for the pedestrian lights to turn on rather than jay walk.
Which personality disorder does he most likely have?
- A-Antisocial personality disorder
- B-Avoidant personality disorder
- C-Borderline personality disorder
- D-Dependant personality disorder
- E-Histrionic personality disorder
- F-Narcissistic personality disorder
- G-Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- H-Paranoid personality disorder
- I-Passive aggressive personality disorder
- J-Schizoid personality disorder
- K-Schizotypal personality disorder
G-Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. OCPD is a cluster C personality disorder, it is characterised by a preoccupation with rules, lists, details, order, and organization. Their perfectionism can interfere with task completion. They lack the ability to be warm. The DSM V criteria is at least 4 of these criteria:
1.Is preoccupied with details, rules, lists, order, organization, or schedules to the extent that the major point of the activity is lost.
2. Shows perfectionism that interferes with task completion (e.g., is unable to complete a project because his or her own overly strict standards are not met).
3. Is excessively devoted to work and productivity to the exclusion of leisure activities and friendships (not accounted for by obvious economic necessity).
4. Is overconscientious, scrupulous, and inflexible about matters of morality, ethics, or values (not accounted for by cultural or religious identification).
5. Is unable to discard worn-out or worthless objects even when they have no sentimental value.
6. Is reluctant to delegate tasks or to work with others unless they submit to exactly his or her way of doing things.
7. Adopts a miserly spending style toward both self and others; money is viewed as something to be hoarded for future catastrophes.
8. Shows rigidity and stubbornness.